Wednesday

January 23, 2008 - Cows & Christmas Lights

Yes, it's a strange heading, but I feel I must explain some of the weirdness that is my sweet Ella. Every morning when Ella goes to work with me, we pass several fields with cows. We always have to say good morning to the Cows. Ella says "Mornin Nows!" (She can't quite get the "c" sound.) On the way home we always have to say "Night Night Nows!". (Mary did the same thing so it's funny that Ella has such a cow interest too. Perhaps I need to take them to a farm to see some cows up close!)
This morning driving in, I just couldn't stop myself. I yelled out "Morning Cows!" even though Ella was not in the car. My hand flew over my mouth and my cheeks got all red. God I hope no one heard me. (I'm sure the other drivers think I'm nuts pointing at the cows when she IS in the car!!) I know the phrase goes through my mind everytime I pass the cows, but this time I just blurted it out. Oops.
Now, the Christmas lights. There are still quite a bit of places with Christmas lights up and every evening we drive home, Ella takes pride in pointing them out. "Mmmmaaaaa" she says, "Pity lites". She finds them all too. She also finds the street lights, the house lights and even the lights on the cars and trucks. I guess I have to put myself in her shoes to understand her fascination with them. She comes from a place that doesn't have all these lights. Sometimes there isn't even power. It makes me smile seeing the wonder in her eyes and the genuine fascination she has with her new world.

No comments: